Sunday, October 31, 2010

halloween festivities

this halloween is jared and mine's 4th halloween together! that sounds so crazy to me, where has the time gone? we did do some fun things for halloween this year. the weekend before halloween we convinced my sister to go to a haunted house.... (sorry carissa, we will never make you go again!)we did have two 10 year old boys walk through with us, they seemed to lighten the mood a little bit and would always tell us where not to step so things wouldnt jump out. they were funny.jared saw his ex-girlfriend while we were waiting in line.

then for school, we had a "spook parade" during our halloween party. all the kiddos dressed up in their costumes and paraded around the school. it was fun to see all the cute and creative costumes some of the kids came up with... i wish i would have remembered to take my camera!
this is the outfit i came up with. i remember my cute friend trista did this to her belly last halloween when she was pregnant.

friday night jared got to dress up for work:he says he wants to dress up every day for work because people were giving him really good tips!

now that halloween is over, im so excited and anxious for the holidays to start! student teaching ends in 3 weeks and i could not be more excited to finally be finished! our little dude is just 8 weeks away from making his debut into this world. we are actually keeping our fingers crossed and hoping its really only 6 weeks away so he can be here for christmas, and so we can be ready to move to colorado by the end of december.

pregnancy update: people always told me that by the third trimester, i would start to get uncomfortable... i didnt really believe them, but holy hannah, i am starting to feel very uncomfortable. i cant bend over very easily anymore, and he loves to kick the right side of my rib cage, which im pretty sure is bruised. he also likes to push his little body out as far as he can. almost like he is stretching... my stomach will get really hard, and it actually hurts a little sometimes. i really shouldnt be complaining though. i have loved being pregnant, it will be weird to not be pregnant anymore i think...

4 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

I love your costume! Way cute!!! That's cool you guys got to go to a Haunted House. Sounds like you are having fun and doing well. Goodluck with finishing up student teaching. Woot Woot!

ailinh said...

you are SO brave for going to a haunted house while being preggo. I could never do it. I admire you! And very cute costume btw. I like the idea.

sfhlmcbookblog said...

How cute this blog is? Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us. Des told me about your pumpkin belly and I just wanted to see it for myself. Not much longer.
--Aunt Christine

Perry said...

Such a cute costume! And can't wait the meet the little guy! I hope Ky can be a good friend to him, even though they are a little more than a year apart. Sad that your moving even further away :( lol I like the pic of jared holding hands with his ex girlfriend. very funny!