Saturday, June 2, 2012

like a hawk

since we live across the street from porter park,
you can usually spot parker and i there multiple times a day. 
and even though we go play there a lot,
im having a hard time letting my little dude "go." 
i follow him like a hawk, and never leave his side.
ive gotten better at letting him try things by himself.
 but sometimes my heart skips a beat 
when i see him almost fall off the step
or almost fall over the edge of the slide. 
and sometimes there are lots of bigger kids playing and running, 
and not paying attention to little dudes like parker.
which is fine, they are kids, thats what they do.
but sometimes i have to remind myself that i am 
a mother at a public park, 
not the teacher on duty at recess. 

it was pretty rainy here for a few days straight 
keeping us away from the park and stuck inside.
we read many many books. 
parker loves his books. like really loves them.
somedays, all we do is read books.
and i have to be honest, some days i just
dont wanna read the three little pigs anymore!
but i will because parker loves it, and i love him.
^i love how he is squatting in this one.
every afternoon when parker wakes up from his nap,
he knows he gets a little snack, and heads straight to the "cupboard."
and boy does he sure get feisty if he cant get the snack out himself.
and sometimes he is a little impatient and doesnt wait until his pants are on.
  i so wish we had a fenced in back yard for him 
to run around and play in.
our options, besides the park, is either the parking lot in the front of
our apartment, or on the train tracks behind our apartment. 
and so again, i follow him like a hawk when we are outside our apartment.
i let him help me clean the toilet the other day.
and im pretty sure he thought it was the coolest thing
since sliced bread. 
jared recently got his motorcycle permit, 
he borrowed his dad's bike for the week and loved it.
me, not so much. apparently neither did parker. 
i just love him. love him. love him. love him.

4 comments:

Kelcie said...

Ah he is getting so big! And I totally do the same thing with Ashlyn. We have a shared grass common area in the back so I'll let her play out there by herself but if I haven't seen her for like 2 seconds I'm out the door yelling for her. I love that Parker loves books! That's awesome that he will just sit and read!

Janae said...

I love this post! You are just one of my favorite people! It's so great to see you so happy. Your little guy is adorable! You have two really lucky guys, I hope they know how lucky they are to have you. :)

chelsea said...

I love that you let Parker clean the toilet. Do you find he sticks other things down the toilet now? :)

Joel & Megan said...

Parker is just SO DARLING!!!!! I can't believe how big he's getting. Recently, Alice went to her friend's birthday party. Actually it was his 1/2 birthday party. They celebrate/have a party on his half birthday since his birthday is in December. Anyway, it reminded me that Parker's half birthday is coming up. So happy 1/2 birthday to Parker!!! :)