Monday, February 28, 2011

BIG week

last week was a big week for parker!


first off, he had his 2 month check up. i was a basket case the night before, and i wasnt even the one that had to have anything done! parker was a trooper with his shots though. of course he screamed and cried, but i had a warm bottle of good stuff waiting for him to distract him right after. i thought i would have cried too but shoot.... the poor dude screams and cries just as hard when i have to suck his little nose boogies out! it was fun to see how big he has grown. he now tips the scales at 10 pounds 11 ounces. a nice healthy boy!

second, parker has slept through the night for the past seven, yes people SEVEN, nights in a row! he goes down at 10 and sleeps till 6:30, eats and goes right back to sleep till 9:00. most nights though he screams bloody murder every time i swaddle him up tight... sometimes he only screams and cries for 20 minutes, other nights it could be an hour. i think he wears himself out and that is why he sleeps till 6:30.

third, we blessed parker! and when i say we, i mean jared. we were so glad jared's parents came down from idaho to be here for it. jared gave parker a beautiful blessing and he looked so darn cute in the blessing outfit my mom made for him.

fourth, parker rolled over! we had him laying on his tummy, and the next thing we knew, over he went! he was on the couch which gave him a little bit of a slant, but dont worry my friends, we put him on flat ground he rolled right over again! you better believe how proud his little mama was of him!

having parker here for the last 2 months has been wonderful.... but i cant lie and say its been rainbows and butterflies the whole time.... this mom business is tough stuff. and as much as id like to think i have the perfect child who is never fussy and always happy, lets be honest here people... i dont. parker sure can cry (and not just when he is wrapped up tight) but now that he is starting to smile A LOT more and recognizes my face makes all the crying and fussy times a little bit easier to endure.

my aunt once told me she was not a fan of the new born stage... i remember thinking how could you not enjoy it? i love holding new born babies! but now that i have been through the newborn stage with my own child, i dont think i am a fan of it either... and even though everyone tells me to enjoy this little baby now, and that "they grow up so fast" im so excited to see him start to laugh and sit up by himself and crawl and walk and talk... and im sure ill miss it, but for now, this first time mama is excited to see this cute little dude grow up...

5 comments:

Kelcie said...

I totally agree. I like Ashlyn being a newborn, but it is just getting funner and funner! She is so much more interactive and it makes the days more exciting. Good job parker!

Joel & Megan said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE hearing about all of Parker's new things he's doing. It makes me wish I lived closer to y'all to come visit. I know what you mean about the new born stage being tough. It certainly is, but I think every stage comes with LOTS of fun new things and also new challenges. It's definitely an adventure, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Hope y'all are doing well.

The Durfee's said...

brielle i cant believe how big he looks...seriously he is sooo cute!! lucky you he is now sleeping longer ;-)

kara said...

i like your cute new header! and i agree with megan... i wish i lived closer so i could hold that little guy! keep posting, i LOVE reading about parker and the rucks clan :)

Unknown said...

BRIELLE!! Thank you so much for your very very sweet comment! You don't even know how much that means to me to hear those sweet words! I just read about your labor story....it brought it all back to me!! Love your blog! I am your newest follower!