Sunday, December 12, 2010

ready, set, GO?


okay so maybe i was a little off thinking "any day now." here we are 38 weeks and still pregnant. i know pregnancy is 40 weeks (or maybe even longer) but im ready to be done. this whole pregnancy has really flown by but now that im not working anymore, these last few weeks are going SO SLOW. from the beginning we kind of just assumed he would come "early" and now that "early" is here and he is not, im kind of bummed out. i wouldnt be so stressed out about having him come early if we werent packing up and moving to colorado at the end of the month.

we went to the doctor on friday. i really hate the doctors but these last few months havent been bad... its the same thing every time, weight, blood pressure, urine sample, listen for the heart beat, measure belly, questions, call it good. this time i thought they were going to be checking under the hood for dilation so of course i was nervous all morning. when they checked my blood pressure it was a little high so they checked it again... still high. i told them i was nervous for them to check me and they told me they werent going to be checking this appointment which made me calm way down so they check my blood pressure again and it was back to normal. i cant help but get nervous when it comes to things like this... im not sure how im going to get through labor and delivery and keep my blood pressure down.

my doctor told me im measuring small, but ive been consistent every time so we're just going to have a small baby. he is predicting he will be in the 6 pound range, (but probably no bigger than 7.5 pounds) which is okay with me! he did tell me though that he has seen girls as small as me deliver 10 pounders! YIKES!

we go back in on friday to see if i have started making any progress. i dont wanna get my hopes up too high though for good news. everyone keeps telling me to just enjoy this time right now cause he is going to be here before we know it.... which is true, but im finding it hard to enjoy my time when all i constantly think about is going into labor.

if i could send my little dude a message, id tell him "ready.... set.... GO!"
here's hoping my next post will be of pictures of our new bundle of joy!

3 comments:

ailinh said...

but you look so wonderful being pregnant, are you sure you want to be done already? ;) Kidding. I can't wait to see pics of him too! I, too, hope he decides to make his grand entrance soon! He can't hear it, but I'm rootin for him to come out! (look at that, he's already got his own pep rally..)

Joel & Megan said...

I'm excited for you Brielle. He's probably going to take his time. Alice was 4 days late and WAITING just about KILLED Me. I wasn't in school and I wasn't working so it was just same ol' same ol'. I kept saying I'm Ready I'm ready..just get here Baby!:P It was funny. Then 4 days after my due date when my water finally Broke and we were about to head to the Hospital I was like "I'm not Ready I'm not Ready! :P" Anyway, here's hoping he comes soon :)

Laura Anderson said...

I was in the same position you are when I finished my student teaching. The waiting was terrible. Everyone told me to enjoy it because I'd want her back in after she was here so I could sleep and things, but I was so happy to have her here. I was convinced she would be late because all my Mom's kids were, but she was 3 days early! The funny thing is I was complaining to my husband about how miserable I was and that she was never going to come and then I got out of bed a few minutes later and my water started to break. Lol. Good luck. I know the waiting is hard, but it will all work out. I hope Parker comes soon and isn't late! :)