Monday, September 20, 2010

26 weeks and diabetic?

i really cannot believe i am 26 weeks along! this pregnancy has gone by so fast, and im sure these last 3 months are going to go even faster! i went in this morning for my glucose test (to test for gestational diabetes). well my results came back and i held my tears back as the nurse told me i had failed it and how i would now have to go in later this week for a 3 hour test to see if it was just a fluke, or if i really have developed gestational diabetes. so im a little bit stressed, a lot worried, and completely bummed. i almost feel like i have already failed at this "mothering" thing... all i have to do is stay healthy to let this baby grow and develop the way it should, and i cant even do that. but im trying to stay positive, and hoping i hear good news later this week!26 weeks!

i had a baby shower with my family a few weekends ago and got so many cute things for my little guy! jared and i were talking to the other night about how some days we think, "at the end of this semester we are going to have a baby!" then other days we think, "at the end of this semester we are going to have a BABY?????" its still very surreal for both of us.

other than baby news.... student teaching is still going. im almost half way done and couldnt be happier to finish. jared only goes to school tuesdays and thursdays. i think he is enjoying class, and not so much the homework. but who can blame him?

8 comments:

Deb and Jordan said...

I know how failing that diabetic test feels. It is really scary. But trust me it will all work out. Don't be scared. If you do get it they just watch your pregnancy a lot closer. The fluke happen quite often though. You look great!!

The Durfee's said...

omg...you look sooo cute!!! your so little!!! and don't worry you'll be fine ;-)

Kelcie said...

Don't worry brielle, I have been almost diabetic for my whole pregnancy, the worst I have to do is check my blood sugar and I can't eat 17 ice cream cones. That is the hardest part for me, I just have to watch my carbs. you can do it!

Joel & Megan said...

I love hearing about all the baby news. I wish I could have been at your baby shower. Could you send me your address, so I can send a package your way?

Don't worry about the gestational diabetes. It's really not anything you can control, but you can control your diet and things to help it along. I had a friend who was about your size who had borderline gestational diabetes during her pregnancy and she just had to really watch her diet etc., and everything was just fine. Just hang in there and don't worry. We're excited to meet your little guy when he comes.

kara said...

aww brielle you haven't failed. gestational diabetes really does not have anything to do with what you have or haven't done to be healthy, it just happens! like everybody's said, if you do have it they'll just watch you closely and you'll just have to cut out some of the good stuff for a couple months. no sweat.

i still need your address to send something your way! i think you've moved since our wedding invites went out. love you brielle!! glad to see an update :)

Katie said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Don't worry about your glucose test. I failed my first time too. I couldn't even take the three hour test though because I kept throwing up the drink (we tried three times. I just couldn't keep it down). I ended up being just fine though. Hope everything else is going great!

Ryan and Ali said...

I just got tested today for gestational diabetes! I found out on Monday if I failed... i'm sorry to hear that Brielle but you definietly haven't failed at being a mom, you're going to be such a great mommy to your little boy! Plus you might not even have it! Your are looking very cute with your little belly!!

Leigh Anna said...

Diabeties tests fail all the time. I failed one on my mission by a ton. According to the results I was just a few points away from going into a diabetic coma. Talk about drama!!! I almost had to end my mission early and get on the next plane home. Luckily one doctor suggested I do another round of testing and those results came back on the low end of normal. I'm sure your test was just a fluke.
Good Luck with the next test.