Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cinnamon Bear?


looks like jared and i are going to have a BABY! i am 11 weeks along and due december 26! when we showed my parents the ultrasound picture, we told them we thought it looked like a gummy bear, and they all said it's bigger than a gummy bear now, its the size of a cinnamon bear! for journaling purposes here is our story so far:
on friday may 21, in my 5th grade class we got to watch the "maturation" video. i started to think, hmmm... its been a couple months since i last had my 'gift'. This happend last year too, but it was just stress and i figured it was the samething this time around, but i couldnt get it out of the back of my head all weekend, so sunday i took a test and sure enough, it popped up pregnant! i couldnt believe it. i had no signs of pregnancy besides the obvious one, and i thought i had to be sick cause i only hear horror stories of how sick girls were, and how they couldnt eat anything because it sounded too gross to them, and i was (and still am) the complete opposite! i scheduled an appointment for an ultrasound and sure enough there was this little peanut inside! and they told me i was already 9 weeks along! i am so glad i have not been sick. and i can still eat what i want.
at our next appointment we get to hear the heart beat which i am very excited for but is it normal to be worried there wont be a heart beat anymore? or am i just being overly paranoid?
anyways, we are very excited, a little nervous, and have absolutely no idea what to expect! but we are hoping it comes before christmas so we can enjoy the best christmas gift ever!

12 comments:

Laura Anderson said...

You're so lucky that you're not sick! I'm glad you're not though I had a hard time that semester during my first trimester. I remember throwing up in front of my 1st graders in senior practicum and then having to announce that it wasn't the swine flu, I was pregnant! They had to prescribe some anti nausea pills for me at 6 weeks, so I could keep attending my classes. As far as the heartbeat I don't think you're too paranoid. I'm sure everything is fine, but I think I was pretty nervous until I actually started feeling her move around then I knew she was fine because she'd move every day.

Joel & Megan said...

YAY! Congratulations!!!!! That is SO SO SO Very Exciting!!! I am SO EXCITED for you guys and can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl. I am glad to hear your not sick. That is absolutely wonderful. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly the whole way through. I'm sure it will. I am excited for you guys to hear the heartbeat. I remember when we went in to hear the heartbeat, and it wasn't there. That was hard, but then we went in to do an ultrasound and there was her little heartbeat...they had just gotten my due date wrong so she wasn't "big" enough to hear the heartbeat.

Anyway, LOTS of congratulations your way!!!! We love you both so much and wish you All the Best!!! Parenthood is the best.

The Durfee's said...

i cant explain how excited i am for you two!!! so brielle the other day when i saw you in the library you were prego!!! oh you cute thing you. congrats!!!!

Deb and Jordan said...

That is so exciting congratulations!!! Usually its pretty fun. It is scary especially when you weren't expecting it. But it gets fun, especially when you hear the heart beat and start to feel it.

Perry said...

So flippen excited for you guys! Miss you lots!!!!

Kara said...

woohoo!! i have been waiting for this post since our conversation about birth control a LOOOOONG time ago!! congratulations brielle, i'm so happy for you!

i hope this means you'll be posting more blog updates :) love you!

Kara said...

and girlfriend i've read and read the textbooks and i think pretty much ANYTHING is normal will all the pregnancy hormones goin on :) dont be nervous!

Tobin and Trista Hale said...

You are super lucky you aren't sick yet. Although I never really got any morning sickness until I was around 13 weeks and it only lasted for a few weeks. We are super excited for you! You are definitely not being paranoid every woman goes through that (I'm sure).. I got worried over every single little thing (I kind of still do now that he's here) but don't just enjoy it!!

Amanda said...

I agree with everyone else. It is totally normal to want the best for your little one and hormones can definitely mess with your head. Just take it one day at a time! Congrats again!

alyssa said...

AWWWWW CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! you're gonna make such a great mommy!

amber said...

Ohh, I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations!! :)

Leigh Anna said...

First you suck for not being sick yet. I was sick 4 1/2 months with Joseph and all 9 with Oliver so you not being sick at all is so not fair. Ok really I'm glad to hear everything is going so well for you.
I always felt a huge sense of relief every time I heard the heartbeat even after I could feel the movement.
I guess 7 months apart is close enough that we can say we had our kids together. If it's a girl you have to name her Annie Rucks but I'm really hoping for a boy. Especially cause you'll be here right he/she comes.
Jared said he'll pay you to name your child Beverly.
Love you guys if you need anything let me know.