Wednesday, June 23, 2010

birthday & beats

monday the 21st was my birthday! i love birthdays. i only had one class, and the girls in my class remembered it was my birthday and brought me a birthday treat. they even gave me a pink candle to put in it... they know me too well :) that night we had my sister carissa and her husband kyle over for dinner. jared made some yummy ziti and we had some cake. i got a new swim suit to fit into with my belly when we go on our family boating trip in august to flaming gorge. and carissa made me a very cute craft to put in my living room, and i got lots of cards from family and friends. it was a great birthday.

today we had our 2nd doctors appointment! they had to draw my blood but i survived. when they went to listen to the heart beat all they could hear was mine cause it was so loud! so the doctor told me we would do an ultrasound to find the heart beat and make sure everything was going good, but that all the ultrasound rooms were being used at the moment so she would come get us when one was open. that was the longest 15 minute wait of my entire life! but the baby popped right up on the screen, and oh man has it changed and grown SO much... it's little legs and arms were just moving around everywhere. im so glad we got to see our baby again so soon! everything is moving along just fine. it is still pretty unreal to me that i am having a baby, but im so excited!
here's baby ruck's at 13 weeks! it does have legs and arms i promise...i saw them! this angle shot just got its upper body!

5 comments:

kara said...

what a precious miracle! so happy for you :)

Amanda said...

Yea! Thats fun that you got another ultrasound!

Morgan G said...

dont forget you got cookies!!!

Perry said...

Oh the baby looks just like u jared

Joel & Megan said...

Wow, that baby has grown a lot! I forget how quickly they grow in and outside the womb :P. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl...depending if you want to find out or not. How excited! Also, I'm glad to hear you had a fun birthday!