Friday, October 7, 2011

sleep? whats that?

its friday night.
8:58pm to be exact.
and both of my boys are asleep.
we obviously are real party animals.

back before parker was born,
when i was going to school and working,
10pm would hit, my head would reach my pillow,
and id be out like a light bulb before someone could snap their finger.
people would tell me, "man i can never sleep"
and i would think, WHAT? how can you not sleep?

but these days i just cant seem to sleep.
okay thats kind of a lie.
i guess i eventually fall asleep at some point.
but 10pm hits, and jareds head hits his pillow and he's out cold.
11pm hits, jared is still out cold, and i lay there wide awake.
12am hits, still wide awake.
1am hits, still awake.
but i must fall asleep sometime after 1am,
because i never do see the clock when it says 2am.
anyways....

speaking of time, its october.
and it snowed yesterday.
thank goodness its suppose to warm back up to the 60's next week.
im not ready for snow.
and neither is parker.
he kept crawling towards the door begging to go outside.
i would hold him and open the door so he could see the snow falling.
he had the most concerned look on his cute little face.
and then he would cry when i closed the door again.
its gonna be a long winter.

speaking of parker.
he is so cute, i can hardly stand it.
his two little bottom teeth have come in nicely.
he loves his bath timehe loves getting into thingshe loves spaghettihe loves paying outsidehe loves crawling on daddyand of course he loves his mamaoh and did i mention i finally made an ABC wall in parkers room?
now im off to tuck that cute husband of mine into bed.
hoping he's too sleepy to notice my cold toes on his legs.

3 comments:

kara said...

hahaha i always stick my cold toes on houston because he's always so WARM!

parker is so cute and he looks like a perfect split between you and jared. :)

Joel & Megan said...

I stick my cold feet on Joel too :P

Ugh, I hate it when I can't sleep. You need to get a good book, because then if you can't sleep at least you can just read. I would always do that when I couldn't sleep. I've been reading the "newberry award" winners.

Parker is super cute! I can't believe he's turning One in a couple months! Woah! Crazy! I wish we could come visit you. Maybe we can soon! I need to meet Parker :) Miss ya girlie!

Sara said...

How funny--I use my hubs as a feet warmer at night too!

Hope you get some sleep soon.