Monday, July 26, 2010

growing up and out

Growing Up:
wow! i cant believe my time here at BYU-Idaho has come to a end, and have i graduated with a degree in my hand. i never thought i would graduate from college, especially with a bachelors degree. i came to school because everyone else was, not really having a plan, and just here to have fun... but......
8 semesters
48 classes
3 retaken classes
13 roommates
a few minor breakdowns
1 wedding
1 baby on the way
and 130 credits later....
im a college graduate!

As much as i have hated school, now that it is all said and done and over, i am SO glad jared pushed me to finish, and now, if i ever need it, i have a degree to fall back on... and i do have to say, i am quite proud of myself :)
where i spent all my time on campus.the girls that made this last semester possible!sisters :)
proud grandparents! im the 2nd grandchild to graduate from collegeproud parents! im the 1st child in my family to graduate from college
and of course, a proud husband! i dont know who is more excited that im done with school me or jared, cause he wont have to listen to me complain about it anymore!

Growing OUT!
this was taken the night of graduation at 17 weeks and 5 days!

I am now 18 weeks and 1 day along and things seem to be going great! we had our 17 week appointment last week, and i was so nervous to go because a few girls i have talked to said they felt their first baby move around 16 and 17 weeks, and i hadnt felt anything yet. everything that i had read said that you usually feel your first one move around 20 weeks, and then it gets earlier and and earlier with each one. so i was relieved when they were able to find the heartbeat! we are going to be out of town the week they wanted to do the gender ultrasound so we have to wait another whole week to find out, but aug 16 is the date! i will be 21 weeks along then! jared, my sister and her husband all think its a boy and even have named "him" so gave in and just assume its already a boy!

11 comments:

The Durfee's said...

ah thats so great that your graduated! congrats! your belly is like the cutest thing ever haha its so little!!

Perry said...

I am so excited you posted a picture! You look adorable! Don't worry, everything will be great with the baby. Congrats on graduating. Can't wait to see you guys. Miss you lots!!!

Joel & Megan said...

Brielle I am THOROUGHLY So excited for you. It seems like not that long ago we were in Highschool talking about College and our plans. Congratulations on GRADUATING!!! I'm sure you'll Never Regret that you did it...but you might have regretted it if you didn't. Way to Go Brielle.

Also, I love the little baby bump. HOw exciting!!! And you know, I didn't really feel Alice kick till I was 22 weeks along! I am excited for you to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!! Congratulations and good luck to all your new adventures.

Sam said...

What an exciting time in your life! I'm so proud of you for finishing. And I'm so glad you posted a preggo picture! You're adorable. Don't worry if you haven't felt "him" yet. Especially with your first pregnancy it takes longer to feel the baby, simply because you don't know what you're "looking" for. And when I was pregnant with Lexi, Sean didn't get to feel her until I was 25 weeks along because of how she was postioned.

Laura Anderson said...

Doesn't graduating feel great? Congratulations! I'm so happy I finished too! Also, you look adorable with the belly. I know I thought people were crazy when they told me that, but people look at you and your changing body differently than you look at yourself. At least that's how I felt.

Angela and Keith said...

Congrats, BRILL! It doesn't seem that long ago that we graduated high school!
I think your baby is going to be a GIRL, because you love the color pink so much. :)

Let me know when the baby shower is! Maybe I can come! :)

Kelcie said...

I hope you are right about the boy thing. We were completely convinced we were having a boy, had a name picked out and I was almost ready to go shopping, until we found out it was a girl! And since I was so sure it was a boy I am having some slight doubts it really is a girl... but we are running on the faith the tech was looking at the right stuff! I am so excited for you, congrats!

Janae said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!! Your life is so awesome right now! I can't wait to hopefully see you in a few weeks! :)

Cheris said...

I'm no expert but I've noticed between my two pregnancies and most of the friends that I've talked to that girl are felt sooner than boys. I noticed Riann at about 14 weeks but with this one I was between 18-21 weeks before I could say I really felt it. We'll see what my next one's like, although we probably wont find out what it is until birth.

You are super cute by the way!! It was great to see you the other day!! Congrats on graduation and hope you're enjoying Colorado!! I can't wait to see you when you get back!!!

kara said...

yay! so excited to hear what it is! i picture you with all pink but you would be so sweet with a little boy on your hip too :) cant wait!

Nathan and Rebekah Mains said...

Brielle,
I am so happy for you! I hope that everything is going well for you- it sounds like it is so far! :)
I don't know what your email is, but if you ever want to send me yours, mine is: bekahjane22@gmail.com.
I would love love love to hear from you!
Have a wonderful day!
love, rebekah