Friday, April 23, 2010

5th Grade

tuesday we started yet ANOTHER semester of school. it's gonna be a tough semester for both of us. I have 18 credits and jared has 17! I am taking my senior practicum this semester and I got put in a 5th grade classroom and just finished my first day today, and i LOVED it. i definitely want to teach older kids for sure. it's kind of a crazy time to be in the schools since it's the end of the school year and they just have a bunch of fun activities coming up. i have to teach 10 lessons in the next 4 weeks then school is out. so im a little stressed. also my cooperating teacher told me i can teach whatever i want, cause they are done learning new concepts, which is nice, but i cant think of anything to teach....

jared got a new work schedule to fit with his classes and he works nights, and i hate being home by myself, but at least i can get some homework done.....(ya right) i had to quit my job at the elementary school, and it was the first time i was ever sad to leave a job.

tomorrow morning i take the PRAXIS test, which is the test teachers have to take to become certified to teach. i am actually not nervous for it, but im not looking forward to taking it because really lets be honest, who likes taking tests?

1 comment:

Joel & Megan said...

That's neat you get to teach 5th grade. How fun! Can't wait to hear some fun stories about your class.