Saturday, January 2, 2010

last minute

our christmas break definitely came and went too fast! jared's parents were going to seattle to visit his brother and sister in law on christmas day so we went over to idaho falls christmas eve and celebrated christmas a day early!

since jared and i are, shall we say, very poor, we decided to just get each other one gift. i got jared the game rummy-q, and he surprised me with a cute craft that says "family" that I've had my eye on for a long time.
jared enjoyed rocking out with charlee's (our niece) new pink guitar set:while we were enjoying christmas eve, we were somehow convinced to go to seattle with jared's parents the next day, so we ran home, packed out bags and headed to seattle christmas morning! we had such a fun time with jared's family. we went and saw avatar, went to an aerospace muesum and got to walk on an older air force one, and went to a fun car museum that had lots of old cars. sadly these were the only pictures i got of the whole trip:
thanks dave and heather for letting us come and crash at your place for a week!

2009 was a pretty good year for us! here's the top 9 of 2009:
  • celebrating out 1 year wedding anniversary in april
  • our very fun trip to disney land
  • finishing 2 more semesters of school (with jared getting all A's both semesters!)
  • camping in colorado in july
  • celebrating both our birthdays, jared tunred 23, i turned 21
  • thanksgiving in colorado
  • receiving a very nice second car from a very generous family
  • celebrating christmas with jared's family in idaho falls
  • our trip to seattle
im excited that its finally 2010. here are a few things we (okay, I) are looking forward to this year:
  • student teaching
  • graduating from college with a bachelor's degree
  • possible wedding for my sister!
  • possibly moving at the end of the year so jared can do an internship... im keeping my fingers crossed for colorado springs, so we can be close to my family!
my sister said it best when she said her motto for 2010 will be "come what may, and love it."

4 comments:

The Durfee's said...

So cute! I have that family thing...i think its the same one...you will love it! wow jared must have scored big points! and your hair!!! holy cow its so pretty and so long!!!

Joel & Megan said...

That must have been so fun going to Seattle!!! What a fun surprise! Now, what is this "possible wedding for my sister" I guess I'm out of it! YAY for 2010 and new adventures.

Angela and Keith said...

"COME WHAT MAAAAYYY!" Remember our Moulin Rouge Mondays? haha...

Is Carissa really thinking about getting married soon? She's still a high school freshman to me. lol

I'm glad you had a good year and a good Christmas! I hope this year is even better for you two. :)

kara said...

carissa is getting married?!?! but she's still a wee babe! ;)