Wednesday, August 5, 2009

cousin campout

every summer since i can remember, my family always does what is called a cousin campout. usually its in utah, and we've had a few in mexico on the beach, but this year it was in colorado and was SO fun! we had one maybe two good days of nice weather and after that it was COLD and RAINY, but i think we all still had a fun time... we spent the week playing foursqaure, cards, ladder ball, eating GOOD food, sitting around a camp fire, hiking, finding a waterslide formed out of rocks in the river, climbing a castle down the road from our camp ground, and only managed to smash one finger with a rock.

the first day: happy to have made it to the camp spot!


foursquare

this castle was down the street from our campground... it was fun to walk through and was SO high.climbing high on the castle

me and my sisters climing on the castle

my family

the hike to the waterslide had some tough parts to climb upthe waterslide we hiked to... it was COLD!jared on the waterslide

Jared took our trusty SEAHAWK II rubber raft out on the lake one day with my sister carissa and her firend andrea... this was on the COLDEST day we had, notice the coats and sweatshirts...

Thanks mom and dad for a FUN vacation!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Brielle! It looks like you had a fun campout. How long are you in Colorado? We are moving in about a week to go to Iowa. I wish I could see you before we leave. Miss ya!

Laura Anderson said...

I just saw your blog the other day, but hadn't commented on it yet. It looks like you had an awesome time camping!