Wednesday, June 17, 2009

confused

this past week i have seen and heard lots of commercials announcing that this sunday, june 21, is fathers day... i think the world is a little bit confused... sunday june 21st is NOT fathers day, its MY birthday... just thought id clear that up :)

and now we all know how selfish brielle can be...

im sure jared is getting so annoyed with me because all week everytime we hear something about father's day, i always say, "hey! i think these people are confused! its not fathers day...." and then he can finish my sentence with, "it's your birthday" (very UNenthusiastic like)

there is not point to this post really except for me to say that i LOVE birthdays, whether its my own, or someone else's i love them, and im not really sure why because the older you get the less exciting they become.

8 comments:

amber said...

hey brielle! i found your blog from sam's, and it's so cute! i love your header. that is a bummer with your birthday and father's day on the same day! but look at it this way, twice the reason to celebrate!! :) i hope you both have a great day. :)

Nike and Mike Kirby said...

I'm so glad you posted this. now I don't have to look up when Fathers day is. :) Happy Birthday early!

Janae said...

I'm totally on your side with this Brielle! I knew a woman who had her baby on Mother's Day and thought it was such a great Mother's Day gift, but I was just thinking -- LAME! She has to share her day!! haha, that's my selfish side too :)
I hope you have a really awesome birthday! I LOVE your enthusiasm!! We can't let ourselves forget to get excited about little things in life (even though most husbands seem to have already forgotten!)
You're so awesome Brielle!! Have a spectacular birthday!!!

Angela and Keith said...

It's kinda like in seminary that one year where on MY birthday, we had to celebrate all the summer birthdays the same day. People forgot and wrote "happy half birthday" in my card. Remember that? lol

At least Fathers day changes every year unlike Christmas and other holidays. I would not like having a permanent holiday birthday.

The Durfee's said...

yay for birthdays!!!

Leigh Anna said...

Hey happy early birthday!! Enjoy the day all to yourself cause next time it's on Father's Day you'll have to share with Jared.

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

I hope your right annie and this is Jared by the way!

Joel & Megan said...

today is your BIRTHDAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY